Monday, November 29, 2010

Get off my back!

Hey all; it's Jonathon with another entry. We didn't post too much last week because of the busy holiday, but we hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving!

 Can you imagine transporting all of your groceries in a backpack? That's been our situation for a while, for many reasons, including being more green, but mostly because we enjoyed the summer weather and wanted to be biking. Sometimes we would take the car, especially when the weather wasn't so sunny. Now that we don't have a vehicle in our driveway, we realized that we needed another way of transporting heavy or bulky items (and get them off my back!).  We started the search for a used bike trailer, and a friend had one that her children outgrew, plus she was willing to barter. (Thanks Monika!)  Today was the first day we got it out on the road to see how it felt connected to my bike. It's surprisingly light and easy to maneuver. I put it through the motions; starts, stops, turns, and driveways, and I think I'm ready for my first trip to the grocery store. If you see me out there on the roads, give me a thumbs-up and a little extra room.


Dana plans to use it for her upcoming jewelry trunk shows.  She says she looks forward to having a simple way to transport her work, right to the door of an event.

We're excited to use our "new" trailer- you might even catch us giving our cats, Churchill and Mabel, a ride around the block.

(ps. Here's our talented friend Monika's Etsy store - check it out! http://Momika.etsy.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment